14 February 2009

a way of life

lately, I've noticed that the way I am living right now is not exactly the life I love. Not that it isn't great and I am not appreciative for all of the wonderful things I am, have and do. It is more about HOW I am living my life. everything I do, from my everyday life at home to the boardroom in business is reflection of my authentic self. Or, at least, that is what I have done in the past naturally and aspire to daily. There has been a slowly creeping change going on in my life that I have somehow allowed to change the way I live.
The stress and strain of business over the last 18 months has diminished my spirit and stolen my energy. How did I let that happen? You see, things just dont happen "to" us. They just happen. We can either get hooked and tossed aside or we can see them for what they are and STILL take care.

So, I had this amazing conversation yesterday. What I came to realize is that I don't lack enthusiasm {and I do believe in the divine}, I just lack the energy that I am used to - the energy that feeds my spirit and nourishes my soul. It is taking time for the little things, inside and out. Not really about balance, more about living the life I am longing for. No more longing, just living.

{who among us does not wish to dare to love life fully and trust the wild and true energies of their heart?} asks, Paula Reeves in her jungian-centered prose called Heart Sense.

throw complacency out the window and let your wildness dance in the dark room with wild abandon.
as Rumi is my muse, my life fulfills my longings. what am I waiting for? time to get movin'.......

here I go.




copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home