05 February 2009

holding on

What am I holding on to?
My grasp is tight and my teeth are clenched.
This cannot be a good thing.

Another crisis at work. What will take for things to go smoothly, for the lessons that need to be learned not be so dramatic and tragic? Results around us often reflect who and what we are. I, for one, see too many ghosts in the mirror. They haunt me at night and linger somewhere in the background during the day, waiting for a shadow so they can reveal themself to me- myself to me.

Most days are getting better. Gratitude more than than bitter resentment or angry resignation or frustration. And yet, there are still lessons to be learned. I am a slow learner.

So, for now, I will loosen my grip and let go of what I am holding on to.
What am I holding on to?



copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home