05 February 2009

What you can teach me

So often, I forgot that I am not always right. {Hello?!} I mean, I know that, in hindsight and in the bigger scheme of life, but when I am in the moment, I somehow forget. My big bully ego takes the reins and takes over the party. It is no longer fun for anyone, even me.

Who wants to be right when it alienates us from others? You would think I wouldn't, or anyone, and yet I answer automatically with righteous opinions, thoughtless words and insensitive quips.

So, for today, just one day, as a start, I am going to be curious. I am going to listen. I am going to hear what you can teach me.


What you can teach me
I realized today that I know nothing at all.
That is, of course, I know something,
but nothing of that which you know.

I realized today that I understand nothing at all.
That is, of course, I understand something,
but nothing of that which you understand.

I realized today that I love nothing at all.
That is, of course, I love something,
but nothing of that which you love.




copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home