26 January 2009

no big deal

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and renewed after an evening of discomfort and unrest. Last night, after having dinner with friends - something just didn't feel right. I was conflicted and restless. What was it? It was the unrest of knowing that my actions and speech were not aligned with my beliefs.
The big deal was not about what I did or said, it was that I fell back into some habitual patterns about how I act and speak. Patterns that no longer serve me well, but particularly, no longer serve others or my life well.

Today, I am deciding to "always maintain a joyful mind."
For me, that means listening and paying attention. It means being quiet or speaking up when it feels like the right thing to do.
Most of all, it means being in the present moment with complete awareness.
A conscious commitment, for sure. At least for me, as one who has not yet mastered it as part of my everyday life.

How can the day be anything but remarkable?



copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home