08 February 2009

Sacred Sundays

Reading in bed. Lingering under the warmth of goose down covers after my eyes have opened and a long time since the sun has gotten out of bed. Easing myself into the day. No to dos, just the ta-da of the day and the permission to move slow, be quiet, and do whatever my heart desires.

Sounds of music deliciously interrupt the quiet. Ocassional lyrics call me to listen.

The sun is bright, deceiving onlookers from the inside to believe it is warm on the outside. Still, winter lingers in the air and the fireplace stays warm.

I crawl back into bed and read some more.....
Something to stay in bed for:

Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser. an essay on our ascent- starts with a visit to the underworld. Our Hero's journey, indeed.




copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home