18 February 2009

portal

Portal

Daring to step through
Courage to not turn back
Surrender from the safety of what we already know

One door can be a pass through and another can be a point of entry
To something divine, surreal, so real
Self- discovery, commitment, a new path on which to walk

Daring to go forward
Courage to believe in oneself
commitment to leave the old behind

A way to access the wisdom of the soul
All knowing and yet knowing nothing
Trusting everything

Take a leap
Of faith


I am ready to leave some stuff behind me. Even more so, I am ready to put some new things, new steps, in front of me.
I had one of those moments yesterday. You see, I a have a phobia and fear about speaking up in groups, getting on stage, putting myself "out there.". This from a women who once shamelessly acted in front of anyone who would stop to see or listen my wild antics of goofiness. This from a woman who, at 16, was selected as one of four women actors on her first audition {and it was a paying job!} . This from a woman, who was told by her acting teacher to give up the play and get back to class for a stupid children's workshop. This from a woman, who somewhere along the way, had a creative U-turn and stopped believing in herself. yes, now it all makes sense.

and so, there comes a time when we have stepped the stones, narrowed the gap, healed the wounds. We are ready, once again, to test the waters and tap dance out our dreams. Those long lost and buried, and those newly revived and imagined. Time to walk through a new door, a portal anchored by the divine.

yesterday, I had one of those days. I did a segment on a local TV show. It was amazing! Not so much how good I was {I wasn't}, but how good I felt. That , to me, is the true barometer how things are in are life. How do they feel? I was determined to have new mindset, set some new goals, and walk through a portal of possibilities for my future.....and it felt great!

{see me on TV. Click HERE.}





copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home