27 February 2009

getting out of the rut

I need to get out of my rut. You know the old, annoying saying, "If you do what you have always done, you will get the same results.", or something like that. I cringe every time I hear that, but today, I think there may be some truth to that old, annoying tome.

Here's the deal....I am in a rut! I only know what I know how to do. And, for sure, some things are not working. You would think I would just stop doing them. But no, relentless old me who perseveres to the death keeps plodding along. Perseverance is a postive trait, but like anything taken to the extreme, it can be our undoing.

IT IS TIME TO START DOING THINGS DIFFERENTLY

I am saying that out loud, actually I should be screaming it at the top of my lungs. I need a new declaration, a mind-blowing mantra- something that will intentionally take me off course and back on the right track. I need to toss it up and see how it lands. I need a new religion, so to speak.

Moving is momentum, but if we don't like the road we are on, its time to take a detour. I, for one, am ready to roll.

I better buckle up, cause I am putting the pedal to the metal and looking for a freedom ride.

Here I go.........



copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home