15 January 2009

Loosing the grip

I need to relax. What I really mean is that I need to loosen my grip on things- people, ideas, outcomes.
It seems the harder I push, pull and struggle to be in control, the quicker I lose control of what I want. And that is exactly the point. I am not in control.

When we imagines ourselves letting go, it is like a total physical release- oxygen filling us up with a sense of hope and relief.
Why do we think we have to work so hard? We exhaust our energy and wear ourselves out trying to "get" what we want and accomplish what we think needs to be done- to get ahead, put us in front, deliver the things we desire. At the end of the day, it isn't about us {me} . We merely a vehicle. Once we let go and realize that, remember this, we begin to feel totally relaxed.

Our job is to merely show up fully present, in the present moment. By bringing our full awareness to what is in front of us, everything else, including our grasping, dissolves. We feel lighter. We feel engaged. We feel focused. We feel like what we focusing on becomes effortless.

Things will unfold as they may, as they will.
For today, I am going to let them.
I am going to loosen my grip and R E L A X.

I'll let you know how it goes......




copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home