07 January 2009

setting goals

If you are one of the 5% of this world, you have probably already set your goals for the year.
Of the rest of you who don't or haven't yet, fear not.

Goals can be good, but they can also become the "shoulds" that bind us to our accomplishments rather than the things that bring us beauty, soul and joy in our lives.

Everyone has a different way of setting goals or creating ways to make dreams come true. You may not even realize that you are setting goals. Perhaps you are writing lists or creating intentions or making a vision board. These are all forms of setting goals. Some are right brain, some are left brain. All are intentions to create the life you want to live, the person you imagine your self to be and become.

I am a big believer that we wont do things {consistently} unless we have some kind of reward at the other end. I like to create and call my goals by another name- rituals. I start my day by doing a few rituals that set the intention for my day. This is where I begin. This is what creates balance. Keeps my center. Maintains my calm. This is the foundation for everything else that I want to do, be and become in my life. When I am on track with my daily rituals, I am usually more apt to create the other bigger, more meaning things that I want to create for my life.

Some daily rituals that work for me:

- 10 to 15 minute meditation
- morning pages a la Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way
- writing an entry in my blog

What can you create that brings more of what you love into your life?


copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home