07 January 2009

New Beginnings

Happy New Year!

What does that declaration bring up for you?
Do you feel celebratory about new beginnings or dread about having to start all over and "do it all again."
Do you feel hopeful or helpless?
Are you inspired or tired?
Are you truly living the life you were meant to live?

The New Year is often about resolutions that will be made and promises that will be broken. Dreams that will be written and disappointments that may be looming.
It is about just being who you are. Seems too simple, right? I for one, find it sometimes difficult to live authentically and from my heart each and every day. I get sideswiped by circumstances and taken over by habitual patterns that no longer serve me well. I compare myself to others and think that I must be "falling behind" because I am not accomplishing success and goals fast enough, loud enough and enough enough. What happened to living for the sake of the soul?

This year, I am going to set out on a journey to discover The Secret to the Art of Living.

"What does that mean?" For me, it means to live the life that I {we/you} are meant to live.

As Joseph Campbell offers,
"The privilege of a lifetime is to be who you are."
It is a life of passion and purpose. It is living with an open heart. It is seeing synchronicity lay the path down for us to follow. It is being aware that we are already what we are meant to be. We just have to find our way home.


I hope you will join me on this journey.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home