07 January 2009

Your Gift

We all have a gift.

It is our birthright. It is our soul's calling. It is what we were meant to do in this world.
I have been searching to understand what my gift is.
I am often flooded with ideas and inspirations, and yet I cannot seem to manifest these thoughts. Are they gifts? They feel as they are, then why can't I seem to bring them to life? Why do they linger as mere ideas in my mind, as quickly as they come, replaced by others. Or, lingering endlessly and relentlessly begging for attention. Waiting to be created into form.

Creative collaboration is what comes to mind. I begin to think of others who would be perfect to work on specific projects.
And then, I wonder if I will get lost, if the idea will no longer be my own, if we will get along, if it will turn out the way I envision.
And so, I do nothing.

Discovering the gift is about doing something. Anything. It does not have be perfect or even just right. It just has to be. Bring it, whatever you dream, into being. In whatever form. As Julia Cameron professes,
"You take care of the quantity. God will take care of the quality."


It is precisely by realizing what we can imagine, allowing helping hands and open hearts to guide us along the way, that I believe we discover our gift.

What is calling you?

Begin.


copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home