09 January 2009

I am loving awareness

Last night, I had a call with Ram Dass. He offers personal calls to individuals that he calls "heart to heart." Yes, you get to talk to him one on one about whatever is tugging at your soul.
I have never met or spoken with Ram Dass before, but from the start of our conversation, it was as if we were talking like two friends who have known each other a lifetime. We have.

I am often so busy being an individual, playing my roles in the world: a business owner, a partner to my significant other, a friend, that I often forget to just "BE" and connect with others as who they truly are: souls.

"It is the Atman. The God within me is the the God within each of us, " Ram Dass whispered. "every time you feel disconnected, out of sorts, or in need of courage, just say to yourself, " I am loving awareness."

Whatever we "do" in the world is merely a vehicle to offer each other a way to connect in the world. We get a glimpse of their soul and it is reflected back. When we open our hearts, the world unfolds before us.

may you be the loving awareness you long for from others.




copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home