07 December 2009

24/30

life is a series of experiences and circumstances.
we can get caught in the net, or we can swim off gracefully out into the deep blue sea

Today's focus of celebration: overcome hope and fear

my favorite book this year has been The Sacred Path of the Warrior. it has been both my bible and my best friend.
i remember the first time I read it- a flood of tearful recognition. it was awe-inspiring to recognize myself on the page, in all my habitual glory and goriness. that is where the path begins. being completely naked and honest about one's self.

and, not getting caught up in it. training the mind through meditation so that our everyday is not just a serious of ups and downs, excitement and disappointments. it is, as Chogyum Trunpa puts it, overcoming hope and fear.

it is equanimity.
it is enlightenment.

not there yet, but definitely on the path.















copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home