29 November 2009

foi

as soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live. - Goethe


my biggest obstacle is trusting myself.
I am a dynamo in business, but in my personal life, I sometimes lack the kind of confidence that I can only admire in others.
and, we are all a figment of our own perceptions. how we see ourselves is not necessarily how others see us. that rarely seems to soothe the wound.

and yet, it does.
as my dharma teacher, john, said to me today, as his dharma teacher, Chogyam Trunpa said to him, "it's like wearing out the soles of a pair of shoes.".

transformation, much less change, is rarely and overnight success story. step by step is how it usually goes.
sometimes steady, sometimes not so much. but, always on the path. stay on the path.

i am so blessed to have such an amazing teacher to guide me along the way.
blessings abound, everyday.
i bow in gratitude and thanks.

















copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home