17 November 2009

what is your mantra?

we are what we think
so as we think, so we shall become
what we focus on, we attract

there are so many sayings from so many brilliant people telling us so.
and, yet, why is it is so difficult ?

I mean, I find myself obsessing over negative situations and thoughts, some apparently even made up. my own stories.
why would I/we/anyone DO that?

because it is what we know. it is what is familiar. tracks have been laid down in our body and mind for years, and years.
habitual patterns are a nasty lot.
the ego is a smart and stubborn one.

and, there is another way.
see it. honor it. and do not give in to it.
it takes discipline to not run, hide or brush aside that which we don't want to see, feel or be.

meditation. mindset. mantra.

















copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home