15 December 2009

15/30

today's focus of celebration: breaking bread

food is the great equalizer.
if one is hungry, there is almost no where to go, be or do until that is satisfied
how lucky i am to have enough bread to break.
whether i'm cooking at home or hanging out with Jean Georges in New York City, food is never far from my mind --or mouth!
it's something we all do everyday, maybe several times a day.
and, how do we eat?
in a rush, on the go, in the car....

or at the table, over a glass of wine, sitting with our lover tucked away in a corner savoring every. luscious. bite.

it's easy to be in a rush
it's hard to be thoughtful, to take time, to slow down
for me, it's my best investment of the day.
i don't always slow down as much as I would like,
but it is a daily ritual that I do my best to keep sacred.
and, delicious.
















copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home