03 March 2009

getting tripped up

there is enlightenment, and then there is the just the light.
how do we know the difference? where do we find the glimpse of the moon that will guide us on our way?
we trek and we try....not always with surefooted certainty or the promise of a rainbow's end. And yet, we continue on the path.
Hoping, seeking, searching. What is our heart's desire? What is our truth? Mired in what we were taught and confused by the space between what we know and what we long for. What we hope for.
Somewhere in the middle lies our truth. My truth.

It is time to investigate. It is time to commit wholeheartedly to a way of life that is.....fill in the blanks. What are the blanks? Who are the blanks? This is where my inquiry begins. What do I wholeheartedly believe in? Am I committed to those beliefs? Do I have the discipline to act on those beliefs? Consistently, wholeheartedly, soulfully.

The darkness fades and clarity is the morning's reprieve. Our prayers are not always answered as we wish, but they will always offer us what we need. May my blessings be filled with love. For this I pray. May I be the love that I wish for in my own life. May I be generous with my words and thoughts and compassion and understanding.

Wish I were there, but I am not. And yet, the knowing is just the place to begin.
May I have many helping hands to offer me guidance along the way.
May I offer my own hands to those in need.
May I be the compassion that is needed to connect with others in this world.

I am lost, but now I am willing to be found. Please, find me and show me the way.

copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home