22 March 2010

the meaning of it all

sometimes, the questions mean more than the answer.


How can I find a meaning, purpose, vocation for my life?

What can I know?

What ought I to do?

For what may I hope?

Is there life beyond death?

Whom do I love? Who loves me?

What curtails my freedom?

How can I escape from the constricting social, political, sexual, and economic myths that were imposed on me by my family and culture?

To what cause, ideal, faith may I surrender without destroying the integrity of my self?

What does it mean to experience the sacred?

How can I live a spirited life in a world dominated by a secular-technological-economic vision of reality?

How can we create a more just and peaceful world?

What is my practice?

Who is part of my community?

What do I do to create community?

ask the questions. compliments of Sam Keen .
copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home