18 December 2009

12/30

today's focus of celebration: live the life you love

where and when did we forget that we are the authority of our own lives?
we've settled in and settled for

hey, stop that!
this is your wake-up call!

it's not about cappuccino and the next new thing.
this. is. about. YOUR LIFE.

give yourself permission to do what you love.

you deserve to live the life you long for.
you have everything you already need to make that happen
you are surrounded by people that will cheer you on {and, if not, go find them!}
you ARE the authority of your own life. really. i promise.

how do I know?
because it has happened to me.
I gave in and almost gave up.
but i didn't

I started making small changes that nurtured my heart and honored my soul
it didn't make me selfish
in fact, it made me more generous for others to do the same for themselves.
once i got a taste of what it felt like to start seeing the world in all of its spaciousness + allowing,
i cracked open
i slowed down
i started doing more of what i love
i saw myself surrounded by beauty
i realized i wasn't in a race and there was enough to go around- for everyone

god didn't put us on this planet to compete for food or fight for love
he gave us a gift so we could offer up ourselves in our own uniquely beautiful way.
imagine if every single one of us realized our gift and offered it to others.
magic. and beauty. and love

we would all explode. our hearts, that is.
and, we would be doing what we love.

no better time to start.
get crackin'!
















copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous alamobecky said...

Amen.

December 24, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home