22 July 2009

no apologies, no excuses

speaking up has been a bit of a challenge for me. in business, i have been known to be very direct {abrupt, short, and even mean might be some other synonms some might say}. but, when it comes to my personal life, it's has been my weak spot, my archille's heel.

time for some middle ground. integration. authentication. hard to believe at this middle age i haven't yet settled in. slow learner. stupid girl.

really, it's all about trust....ing myself.

in the past, i have held back, kept things nice and neat and wondered if i even had an articulate opinion to contribute.
sometimes i still do, but I am learning to say what i think.
no apologies, no excuses.

at the expense of sounding stupid, regretting what I have to say, or simply just making noise, i am speaking up.
sometimes it feels awkward, sometimes just plain dumb.
and, it feels good to laugh at myself when needed to not take myself too seriously.

flexing the muscle. permission, or not, here i go.
bullies beware, i might push back this time around.

bear with the beginner.....



copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home