15 July 2009

throw me a lifeline

i am not really alive, unless I am attending to the way i live. there are a few things that i can't live without.
i call these things my "lifelines". they tether me to the soul, connect me to my heart, and help to keep me centered, grounded and sloooooowing down.

they are
the sacred rituals
the daily disciplines
the loving kindnesses, both given and received.

they are
the "taking it easy on myself" mantras
the sitting, sitting, sitting in silence so I am less likely to act out my craziness in the world

they are
the telling the truth, no matter what might happen
the talking on the phone with friends who have the guts and heart to hear it all.
the courage to cry when it feels like you are the only one in the world who hasn't got her sh**t together.

they are
the warm baths with absolute rose essential oils
the sleeping in
the getting up early, when the house is quiet and the sky is still dark

they are
all of the simple, quirky, meaningful, lovely lifelines that keep me alive.








copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home