06 June 2009

how to be remarkable

ok, so as much progress as I make everyday, i still feel kinda dumb. dumb that i haven't "gotten it" yet. dumb that i am only where i am. {as if, where other place where there to be??}
but, i am smart enough to know that i have not yet pushed myself outside the box.
the place where the razor's edge is tempting me, mocking me {a good test for truth}, calling me, encouraging me.
the space where it feels expansive and scary and exhilarating and like i am really doing something that matters. I mean, really matters. not just the "get it done" accomplishments that draw ahhhhs and admiration. this is just for me, and all for others.
heartfelt expression, passionate conviction, determined non-aggression.
i am checking in with some people i admire, who toss up the status quo, who are not afraid to step out {ok, they probably are, but they do it anyway}

let's see what they have to say
let's watch what i do

here is where i started:

1. danielle laporte

2. the art of non-conformity

3. john, my buddhist teacher

4. friends who aren't afraid to tell me like it is, with love


time to be remarkable without excuse, apology or diffidence {that little number came compliments of my buddhist teacher, john}




copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home