17 April 2009

divine superfluous beauty

My quest for beauty began the day I was born…..I didn’t discover this until I found myself one day, many years later, lost and longing, desperate and empty. Little did I know at the time, it was my soul calling for me to come back home to myself. It was trying to get my attention that the life I was living was not the life I was meant to have.
This is when the hard part really began.

Dips and detour, roadblocks and roadside disasters. I was entrenched in a massive pothole and hanging on by my fingertips. Digging my way out, one slow scoop at a time. It was tortuous and time consuming. And, it taught me something of the best lessons I have ever learned.

1. Be true to your self. No one but you really knows what your heart longs for and your soul needs.
2. Don't compromise. It's easy to get sideswiped by others' opinions, ideas and advice
3. Get out of your own way. Learn to let go of the habitual patterns that keep you stuck.
4. Let if go, let it flow. Everything keeps moving. See it, feel it and let it move on.
5. Patience, perseverance, persistence. My "make it" mantra. Don't give up until you know in your heart it is time to surrender.
6. Celebrate every step. The joy is in the journey. we often look to big events, but it is the everyday small actions that create the beauty of our life.

Beauty is the essence of everything I long for, live for, aspire to be, do , see and feel in my life. When beauty is the foundation of our lives, everything else falls into place.

If beauty is God, I am lucky to have been in the presence of something divine.
May bewilderment always be my muse.

copyright 2009 Alisa Barry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home