22 October 2011

some time ago

it's been quite a while now, I can hardly remember how long

startled upright out of bed,  not knowing if I was  awake or still asleep.  something being offered to my soul.

glittering gold emblazoned on the empty sky with bold pomegranate red lettering spelling out words I had never  heard.

"mystical allegory" it sang. loud and triumphant, but clearly only for my ears to hear.

it was a gift, a grail, of that I was sure, despite the fact that I had no earthly idea what it meant.
like most curiosities to investigate, I headed to the keyboard and dialed in my request.
Plato arrived. the cave. the darkness. the light.
where was I?  where was I to go? no where, was the answer. right here.  sitting still and suspending time.

years later, not quite sitting still, but somewhat suspending time.   knowing that some day, divine timing will reveal  this magical mystery.

a momentary reminder and repose.


copyright 2011 Alisa Barry

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home